An enlightening educational seminar
Our Unique Program
-Innovative aluminum solutions-
ATLANTA | TORONTO | DETROIT | SOUTH BEND | PORTLAND
Presenting opportunities with aluminum extrusions, from inception to production. Gain a deeper understanding of the principles of aluminum, tooling design, fabrication, surface treatments, welding, die design, current applications, new technologies and more.
Hydro's goal is to convey a deep understanding of the principles of materials, production, and market application technology. The Hydro Profile Academy gives you the tools with which you can create the optimum extrusion solution.
Since the program's North American inception in 2009, we have hosted over 2,600 guests at over 60 events.
We have a true passion for aluminum.
Academy presenters have decades of experience in the aluminum industry. With backgrounds in design, metallurgy, fabrication, and more - attending a Profile Academy provides you the opportunity to have your questions answered and use these experts as your resource going forward.
Conference Setting. Typically one and a half days.
(Automotive focused event in Michigan is a condensed one day program)
- DAY ONE -
Welcome & Company Overview
· A brief introduction to Hydro, our history, offerings and capabilities.
Metallurgy & Alloys
· Discussion on the Bauxite to Billet process, alloy designations, microstructure, tempers, and finding the right alloy for your application.
· From the aluminum log to the extruded product, a step-by-step walk-through of the extrusion process.
· Understanding extrusion design fundamentals to make a cost-effective product with optimal functionality and an attractive appearance.
· Understanding aluminum extrusion tolerances, their purpose and how to interpret the industry guidelines. Discuss variation such as twist, straightness, flatness and angularity.
Guided Extrusion Plant Tour
Tour of our local facility (where applicable)
- DAY TWO -
· Aluminum is very adaptable to fabrication and machining processes. Discussion will revolve around the common fabrication methods including sawing, drilling, turning, and more.
Bending & Forming
· Discussion on bending’s benefits, theory, processes, and examples. Includes straightforward overview of the hydroforming process.
Joining & Welding
· Covering a variety of options including: Longitudinal joining, snap fits, mechanical joining, adhesive bonding, welding and friction stir welding.
Paint & Anodizing
· Discuss the process of painting or anodizing extrusions, the benefits, quality insurance procedures, industry standards, and more.
99.7% of past participants would recommend this course to a colleague
Take the next step
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminum company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D.
From cruise ships to LED lights, windows, air conditioners and hundreds of products in between. Hydro’s experts help design, extrude and manufacture the parts that shape your world.
Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminum, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.
The world's largest aluminum solutions partner close to you.